Thursday, December 01, 2005

This & That

Few things I wanted to touch on before I take off to Seattle for the weekend:

1 - Finally found an article about the new Paul Verhoeven film, which is also his first film back in the Netherlands after about 20 years in Hollywood. I'd been searching for any kind of information about this since I first heard that he was returning to Holland, especially since he's reunited with Gerard Soeteman, the man with whom he co-wrote almost all of his early Dutch work. And just as I hoped, it's a World War II movie, the one he's been wanting to make pretty much his whole life. It's due to be released next year, although it could be another year before it makes it over here. As predicted, I am stoked!

2 - Disagree if you want, but this has got to be the best of the re-cut trailer trend. So creepy!!

3 - At Brendan's prompting, I actually entered the Definitely Not the Opera new movie reviewer challenge. I'd never really thought about radio, but figured it was worth a shot. Turns out I'm one of three finalists. Tune in to CBC One (690AM) on Saturday from 3pm - 4pm to hear me babble incoherently to Sook-Yin.

No comments: