Friday, November 18, 2005

Movies I Watched Instead of Writing: Pinky Edition

Being that I was still recovering from yet another night of karaoke debauchery, we decided to take it easy & have Brendan & Nick over for a little movie action. Started off with a couple episodes of our newly acquired Pee-Wee's Playhouse set which continues to surprise me with how good it is. And how well they were able to disguise the gay innuendo, of which we've been able to count at least one instance per episode so far. What a great public service Paul Reubans did for the world with that show. It almost makes me want to have kids so that I can show it to them.

Once we'd had enough we had some choices. More Samurai Champloo? Jay & Silent Bob Do Degrassi (I'm a nerd, okay?!) ? But then I heard those two magical words: Sex & Fury. It was made for Toei in 1973. Directed by Norifumi Suzuki (School of the Holy Beast, Beautiful Girl Hunter). It features a naked sword-fighting, tattooed Reiko Ike (Sukeban Gorilla & Graveyard of Honor). And, Christina Freakin' Lindberg is in it! Christina!!!

Turns out we made the right choice, as this could very well be the best movie ever. Naked sword fighting in the snow. An Orientalized Christina getting it on with a Japanese serving girl (I don't know how, but they managed to make Christina even hotter). Nuns with switchblades. Christina (in a buckskin outfit no less) taking a whip to a naked rope bound Reiko in front of a giant stained glass Jesus. An awesome psych-music soundtrack. And I know what my next tattoo is going to be. If you think you are a fan of Japanese sex-ploitation, or exploitation in general, see this movie. Trust me.

Also, is it just me, or does Amber Tamblyn look just like Christina Lindberg?

No comments: