Saturday, March 15, 2008

French Slang Saturdays: Plate

While my first post about Quebecois slang was neatly arranged around a single theme, I've found myself struggling with a good way to post about all the other Quebecois slang I've been absorbing that would a) make sense and b) not be insanely long. So, in an attempt to kill two birds with one stone I've opted to post one slang word per week. And I'm including video of me saying the word!

If there are words that you would like explore in a future post, please let me know in the comments, or send me an email.

This week's word:

Plate [adj]: Lame. Literally means "flat", but is used to describe anything boring or just generally sucky and undesirable.

2 comments:

Shockah Karl said...

Nice Vlog M**eeko.

And this totally explains the prairies. Thanks for the edjumakashon.

Meeko said...

You're totally welcome, Karl. I aim to please.