Tuesday, January 08, 2008

My First Two Days

For the nerds (like me) who actually bothered to watch JPod tonight, no, working for a video game company is nothing like that. Well, it's a little bit like that, but our desks are much smaller and we do a LOT more work. It's also much quieter. And the view is better.

My first two days have gone well so far. I do still feel like I am wearing a sign that says "girl" on it, but I work on the team with the highest percentage of girls so it's not so bad. I don't really even have to talk to the programming nerds. In fact, I don't even have to talk to my co-workers. As a bi-product of the open office concept, everything is very, very quiet and most communication is done by e-mail or MSN. That's right, I'm supposed to use MSN at work.

Highlights include fooseball in the lunch room, the fact that I get to walk to work and the fact that I don't have to answer a phone as part of my job. Ironically, there is no dress code, yet I am treated more like a grown-up than at any of my previous "office" jobs.

No comments: