Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year!

I know that most people my age have given up on such things, but I've decided to make some resolutions this year. I've tried to stick to things I'm pretty sure I can accomplish and I've made them specific enough to yield measurable results. In some cases I have even added time frames so that the resolution does not seem as daunting.

1. Floss every day
2. Eat one apple a day (pears and apple-pears are also acceptable)
3. Blog every day
4. Exercise 5 times a week for 30 days (I am hoping to fit in morning work-outs before work since my commute time will be a mere 10 - 15 minutes)
5. Eat nothing I am allergic to for 30 days
6. Cut out sugary deserts and candies for 30 days

To help me reach my goals I have implemented a few tools and hacks to keep me focused. The first one is Sciral Consistency, which is more of a "fuzzy to do list manager", but I am using it as a sort of "don't break the chain" style motivator. It should also help me to remember to water my plants as I carry the curse of the black thumb.

I have also added To-Do List to my Google homepage as a further reminder. And, if all else fails I have the mantra "How does this help me achieve my goals?" for whenever I am feeling weak.

If you've got resolutions or tips/tricks for staying focused, please post them in the comments.

1 comment:

Theron said...

For the past few years, I've been getting up and exercising before work at least fours days a week. But for the last couple of months, I haven't been to the gym once. I resolve to get back at it...soon. No, really...