Saturday, October 09, 2004

Long Live the Revolution

Found out Thursday night that there was a coup-like regime change at local weekly Terminal City and our lovely friend Bess Lovejoy had been made the new Editor in Chief. Not making too much of this at the time I simply noted that Bess knows that I write and wouldn't it be cool if I was asked to contribute something since it sounds like half of their writers got up and left with the old editor. But I certainly wasn't counting on anything as I'm still in the process of committing to my writing and trying to figure out how to make a career out of it. Well, I was sitting at home last night waiting for Damon and Andria to show up when all of a sudden I get a call from Chris Eng, editor of the Terminal City film section. The boy and I are both big fans of Mr. Eng and I knew from reading his columns that he and I are on the same page, culturally speaking. So you'll pardon me if I plotzed a little when he told me that he'd read some of my Film Threat stuff, liked my writing and wanted me to start contributing columns, biweekly like. Granted I'm still not getting paid for it, but being in a publication with circulation like Terminal City and with a general audience (not just film nerds) will be excellent experience, as will actually collaborating with an editor on pieces.

Needless to say, I'm stoked. Now I just need to get off my ass and write something...

6 comments:

Irrational said...

Awesome...I love saying "I know the author" when I'm reading a local rag....goodtimes.

Corinne said...

Congrats.

P.S. That dark grey background needs light coloured fonts for text and links. Ouchies, my eyes!

christian said...

the text isn't so bad, but the purple links are a tad on the painful side...

Meeko said...

better? sorry about that. my extra bright mac screen kinda screws with colour sometimes.

christian said...

yes, better.

Corinne said...

Much better.