Friday, August 05, 2005

Well, the horseshoe is still up there...

So I had my first interview on Wednesday. In Delta. It did not go well. I was 20 minutes late (thank you Translink) & all I could think about was how much my feet hurt from being ripped to shreds by my new "grown up" shoes (but they're really cute!) The guy kept asking me the same questions over and over again & I felt like I was supposed to know what he was getting at, but didn't. Let's just say I think they were looking for something a little different. It's okay, I didn't really want that kind of an office job (I don't think) and Annacis Island is hell for bus riders. There aren't even sidewalks! After waiting an hour for the bus back home, I got on the first bus that arrived, which took me to Richmond. When I finally got home at 8pm (I did decide to stop and have dinner @ the Number Nine Restaurant), I was about ready to break things (did I mention the phones at the Sky Train didn't work), but decided to check my email first.

See, back in late May sometime, I had contacted our friend Bess about maybe writing ADR scripts for Anime like I know she did. She kindly set up an interview for me with a manager at the studio she worked for and I submitted a test script and was told that they were interested, but there wouldn't be any work for the next 2 months. Two months later, I decide to check in, and was told that there wouldn't be any jobs for at least another month or two (but, you never know). Around this same time, post wedding blues set in big time, I freaked, quit my job, started to regret that decision. Got very discouraged and depressed. And just when I was feeling my lowest, who do I get an email from?

So, I have a series to work on. Thirteen episodes, so failing all else I'm at least employed for the next 3 months. And I can do it from home. In my pajamas.

Not that I'm not aware it can get stressful and crappy (it's very finicky work), but I'm so happy right now I could burst.

And I have another interview (part time at a bridal shop) this afternoon.

Go me.

No comments: